September is here!
The Seasonal Acupuncture and Healing Light Event is on Sunday September 21st- These special Seasonal Acupuncture treatments are given only four very specific times a year- don’t miss the opportunity to have your immune system boosted with this simple yet effective treatment. Please call for your appointment.
~Acupuncture~Spiritual Readings ~ Free Lectures All Day~Drum Circle~ Crystal Singing Bowl Meditation~Health Related Businesses~and More! (further down this newsletter is more detailed information on the event)
At our event we will be having FREE Lectures ALL DAY featuring a variety of speakers.
Also community Drum Circles to usher in the new season. Drumming will commence at 12 noon, 2pm & 4 pm. Drums will be provided or bring your own. Ayamanatara will be offering a Crystal Singing Bowl Meditation from 1-2pm.
We are asking for a LOVE donation to participate in these presentations. Please JOIN US for the celebration!
Summer is officially over! The kids are back in school and I can hardly believe that we are rounding the bend into the final quarter of the year!
The Autumn Equinox, which falls on September 22nd, marks the beginning of the fall season. It is the counterpoint to the Spring Equinox in that there are exactly 12 hours of daylight to 12 hours of darkness at the equator.
Whereas the spring season is the time where life is in a state of renewal and coming to the surface, Autumn is when things begin to shed and the energy moves inwards and downwards. During this time of year, Nature illustrates this concept beautifully in the leaves falling away from the trees, while the squirrel stores his harvest of nuts and twigs, we too fortify our energy reserves to sustain us through the resting winter months until the re-birth of spring.
Autumn is connected to the element of “Metal” in Chinese medicine and the organs in the body associated with this season are the lungs and large intestine. During this time of year there is often an increase in sinus and bronchial congestion, allergies, colds and flu and the intestines are susceptible to dryness and constipation.
Tips to Harmonize with Autumn
Don’t hold on to “STUFF”!
1) Go through your closet, desk, garage etc…and discard what you no longer need.
2) Take a mental inventory: examine attitudes (prejudices, envies, hatreds, jealousies, resentments) stored within your psyche. Attempt to resolve the hurtful old issues with those concerned.
3) For issues you cannot resolve directly with the person- write them on paper, being as specific as possible- then burn the paper to symbolically release the content.
4) Take time each day to breathe slowly and deeply. As you inhale the clean autumn air, feel yourself energized and purified. Feel the old negativity, impurity and pain leave your body, mind and spirit.
5) Eat seasonal fruits, vegetables and grains- buy organic from local farmers when possible. Pungent/spicy foods may protect and support the lungs during the fall . Chilies, peppers, onions, garlic, radishes. Fiber/pectin- flaxseeds, apples, cherries, carrots; for dryness- pears, honey, almond, barley, millet; sour foods-sourdough bread, lemons and grapefruit.
Message of the Month
Let Go……Take In….
I write about this every year because it is so very important to “clean house” on all levels, and this time of year truly supports us in doing this. Our breath is a good example. Think of the “exhale” as releasing old, stale, energy that has outlived its usefulness and the “inhale” as bringing in fresh, clean, new energy that oxygenates the cells in our body and moves us forward.
On an emotional/spiritual level, we need to eliminate mental and emotional toxicity as well. As our minds and spirits become “stuck” and cluttered with unnecessary thoughts & feelings, it becomes increasingly difficult to experience the pure and the beautiful that surrounds us. We need to let go of the old patterns, beliefs, people and “stuff” that just doesn’t serve us anymore. It is only through releasing the energy blocking us, can we truly make room to receive all the good things that assist us in our personal growth and expansion.
There is a certain amount of sadness that is experienced as we release old yet familiar ways of “being” and of “doing”. Hence the emotion of grief comes into play. During this process, the function of the lungs becomes apparent. The lungs enable us to cleanse what is no longer needed in our lives and to “take in the pure”. On a physical level, unresolved grief may settle in the lungs and manifest as bronchitis, asthma or other lung disorders.
So “let go” and “take in” so that you may be granted a breath of fresh air and an inspiring new beginning!
BREATHE and experience the beauty around you!
With Continued Health, Love and Light!